Saturday, November 21, 2009

Audiology on the Brain

I'm an ear-nerd, there's not mistaking that AT ALL. Here are some random moments where audiology seeps back into my brain.

At the local coffee shop (or any coffee shop really) I wonder how loud the grinder is and if barristas are going to be patients in the future because of the noise exposure in coffee shops. I then wonder if I should call OSHA or just bring in a damn sound level meter myself and measure the loudness.

Whenever someone around me has a baby I make sure to ask them about their ears and if the baby was tested for hearing loss (which they should be because of the popularity of Universal Newborn Hearing Screening, but not all states routinely do this).

At concerts, I always wonder who made the in-the-ear monitors for the musicians. Oh and how to get into that part of the business so that I can looks in a famous person's ears; yep I'm that weird.

These is just a sample of my random this-is-my-brain-on-audiology thoughts. I hope you enjoy them and don't judge me too harshly :)

HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment