Thursday, May 20, 2010

Aud Haps

I realized yesterday that I am less than 365 days away from being Dr. Marra. CRAZY!!! In the past month much has gone on in my audiology life. April 24 I took my audiology PRAXIS and it was to HARDEST.TEST.EVER! What was worse is that I had to wait until yesterday to find out my score. I needed a 600 to pass, and unfortunately that test will never have to see me again. I scored above 600!!! This means that I can apply for temporary licensure in Iowa, even though I haven't quite finished up my AuD program.

Then a mere 10 days later I had to take the IA Hearing Aid Dealer's licensing exam in Ankeny. This was a simple 100 question test. I also got these results yesterday. I totally pass and am now licensed to sell hearing aids in Iowa.

Friday, May 7th was a big day for me. I had to present the research that I've been working on for almost 2 years to all the AuD faculty and students. It was NERVE.WRECKING and I'm a person that doesn't mind speaking in front of people. It went well and I don't have to do this again either!

In other aud related news I move to Mtown this weekend and start my PAID externship June 1. I can't believe it's time for me to leave Madison and have a 5 day work week. I've not had a 5 day work week ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment