Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Directions

For y'all that don't know I accepted a position at a private audiology practice. That means that an audiologist or hearing aid dispenser runs their own business. Unfortunately it won't be as glamorous or sexy as the TV. Anyway I am starting TOMORROW! My first real audiology job.

With the new job I moved to a different part of the state. A few weeks ago I went rental shopping with my mom and luckily I had the dilemma of choosing between two great places: a house or a duplex. In the end I choose the duplex; I'm getting all settled in and have started hanging things on the wall. The major perks of the place: 2 bedrooms(!), dishwasher(!), basement with laundry hookups(!). Plus there's a good yard for Allie to enjoy. Right now the smaller bedroom is pretty empty. I want to make it into a spare bedroom/quilting room (yes I'm an old soul).

Things I'm still waiting for to put in the small bedroom: a twin bed (mattress/frame/etc) for the spare room, a sewing machine, and a desk or table. Other: washer/dryer I'm sick of the laundromat.

Wish me luck tomorrow. I'm just hoping I'm awake and at work at the right time!

No comments:

Post a Comment