Friday, June 19, 2009

Gray skies have cleared up...I have a happy face

I know I've had a rough couple of days just getting used to clinic and the different protocols, but yesterday and today were both pretty good days. Yesterday I did a bunch of hearing tests, because I really feel I suck at them. I did a hearing aid fit all by myself, with absolutely no supervision and I feel it went really well. Today one of the audiologists was out sick and I basically took over her caseload. I did some audios (again more practice) and cleaned the grossest hearing aid I have ever seen.

Beyond the clinic world, it's been real hot here probably about 95 degrees. Today it was over 100 degrees and sitting in AC is the only thing that sounds doable. Tomorrow it's supposed to be even warmer so I'm planning on hanging by the pool.

I've gotten some time to read some great books lately. Jody Piccoult's My Sister's Keeper (soon to be a movie) was amazing and like any of her books I cried a ton. I've also re-read Twilight and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I have a 40% coupon at Borders and will most likely buy a book to read by the pool tomorrow.

Gonna go eat some more pizza with my roommate/landlord, Amanda.

2 comments:

  1. I love that your title is an allusion to "Bye, Bye, Birdie."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh course it is. Bye Bye Birdie is my fav old-school musical!

    ReplyDelete