Thursday, December 17, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I don't know exactly why, but I think it has to do with hope and looking back on the significance of the birth of Jesus. Yes I know he wasn't born on Dec 25, but we still get the chance to celebrate what a great gift-giver God truly is. What's really interesting is that the rest of my immediate family doesn't like Christmas, specifically my mom. While I'm listening to Christmas music or watching Christmas movies (Elf, A Christmas Story, Home Alone, Rudolph, etc), my mom especially rools her eyes. I don't judge those that don't like Christmas, but please don't rain on my parade and I won't make you watch movies with me or do the little Christmas things that I do.





One of my favorite things about Christmas is gifts. Before you judge I'm not THAT materialistic, but my main love language is gifts. I just feeled loved when I know you spent time and/or money on me. A gift can be a precious as the picture one of my old Sunday School kids gave me or as elaborate as my gifts from Santa. He still visits the Roths house in Humboldt and gives the best gifts! Speaking of gifts, I'm almost done with my shopping and wrapping. I just have my fur-nephew (Missey and Rich's dog, Dierks) left! Here are the wrapped presents I have under my fake ficus tree:

No comments:

Post a Comment