Saturday, May 9, 2009

A new start

It's been awhile since I blogged and couldn't sign in to adventuresinaudiology so I decided to start a new one.

Spring semester is almost over (only a couple finals in my way)! It's been a great school year and I've learned a lot academically, personally, and spiritually. Fall semester was pretty horrible, but spring was a lot nicer:) Hopefully the trend will continue and summer will be AMAZING. Speaking of this summer: I'm going to Augusta, GA to do an audiology rotation at the VA hospital down there. It was a great opportunity and I couldn't pass it up even though I don't know anyone there. Hopefully I'll have enough time to update you all on my summer adventures in the South! I plan to visit Savannah, Charleston, Dollywood!, Nashville, St. Louis, and the Atlantic Ocean ---- who knows what cool adventures will happen.

At my church, I've gotten more involved. I took small steps at first, but now I'm looking at cutting back on volunteering. I'm in a small group that is made up of single men & women in their 20's and sometimes 30's. It's been such a blessing to meet with them every Wednesday and get to know them better. Last summer I volunteered in Planet Kid (children's ministries) as a small group leader and then I stayed on in the fall. I have only 2 more Sundays left with some pretty great and energetic kiddos. The most exciting thing has been reintroducing myself to drama/acting with Family Fusion. This is a special Friday night service to help families learn more about and worship God together. I play a gal named Cammie who is crazy smart and organized and loves fashion. I've gotten to wear outfits (i.e. a leopard print dress and leggings) that I would never wear in the real world. The rest of the cast and our director are so encouraging and if I could I would nominate them all for Oscars!

My life for the next few months: starting to move my stuff out of the Madison west-side apartment tomorrow - a little bittersweet, but exciting. Moving home to Humboldt for a few weeks then heading to GA in June. Back to Madison to my new downtown apartment (my first time officially living alone) in mid-August to start my last year of classes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment