Thursday, September 24, 2009

Joy

I've been thinking about joy heaps lately. What does joy mean? Dictionary.com defines joy as, "pleasure" or "elatedness". I think that joy is something that defies personal emotion, as you can be depressed or happy but still have joy.

Here are some things that make me experience joy (in no particular order):
God (His love, grace, mercy, mysterious workings)
Family Fusion
Seeing someone's face light up as they hear sounds again for the first time
Receiving texts/calls/emails/letters/visits from friends that are unexpected
Laughing with someone at my own jokes (usually people just groan)
Singing out of tune, at the top of my lungs to "Wicked" or other musicals, but Wicked is my favorite
Watching Glee (the TV show)
Watching Pushing Daisies
Watching Kristin Chenoweth clips on Youtube (she's my fav actress)
Driving down a gravel road listening to country music with the sun roof open
Being with my family/friends
Watching The Bonnie Hunt Show
Twins baseball
Thinking about the stupid stuff I did at Luther and USD, but mostly at Luther
UW Badgers's sports
Blackhawk Church
And many more...

There are so many things that bring me joy. How about you dear reader, what brings you joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment