Sunday, November 28, 2010

3 weeks + 1 semester...

Or 166 days until I graduate. Graduation has been on my mind a lot lately. I know that I have a bit over 5 months left, but I am ready to be out of this limbo that I'm in. I'm doing the work of a full-time audiologist plus online courses, but I'm not an AuD yet. Although I have a (temporary) license to practice audiology, I still have to be supervised.

I feel like my whole life is in limbo lately. Besides the 166 days left until graduation, I feel in limbo with job opportunities for when I do graduate. I can't apply yet and have to wait until late January or early February to even apply. Yet I torture myself and look each and every week at job postings.

Another limbo: I greatly dislike Mtown. That is no secret. I'm still in limbo that I don't have a church here and the one that I want to go to is over an hour away. I can't afford to drive to Des Moines twice a week (once for work, once for church). I'm also in limbo that I don't have any friends here. I've tried. I don't know how to meet people my age outside of work, school, or church. I've gone to 2 different Bible studies and just didn't feel comfortable there. I felt I had to comply to their beliefs about the Bible, which is to take it utlra literally. Yes I believe the Bible is Truth (note the capital "t"), but that it needs to be read in the presence of the historical context as in the Bible is written FOR modern day Christians, but written TO the historical people.

So that's my limbo story for now. I know that limbo times are needed and something great is on it's way. I've never been a real patient person, which may explain these feelings.

1 comment:

  1. What day are you in DSM for work? There is a service at Hope on Thursday night's -- for the 'younger generation' -- mostly people in their 20's but they havn't kicked me out for going and I'm in my 30's :) Maybe that would work for you?? It's not a Sunday service - but maybe you could meet more people for when you move to DSM in the Spring... (hint hint!)

    ReplyDelete