Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wisconsin Weekend

I went back to Madison for the first time since moving to Iowa in late May. It was a well-needed trip! Here's a quick synopsis:

Friday: I've written about Family Fusion before somewhere in this blog, but Friday night I met up with a family I used to baby-sit for and we went to Family Fusion at Blackhawk Church (www.blackhawkchurch.org). I LOVED IT! It was weird to not be involved anymore, but so touching to hug and chat with my former cast-mates after the show! You guys know how to make a girl feel wanted and missed! I should mention too that before going to the show the family I went with took me out to dinner at my favorite place in the Madison area: Hubbard Ave Diner. If you ever visited me in WI, I took you there! It has the best brunch, be even better desserts.

Saturday: Meet up with Sarah and Becky who were in my smallgroup, to go to the last outdoor Dane County Farmer's Market of the year. It was amazing! I got some pumpkin cream cheese bread and some organic sweet potato treats for Allie (who by the way LOVES them!). We also walked down State Street and I did a bit of shopping for Wisco shirts and a print of Union Terrace that I've been eyeing for months. I meet up with some other friends for lunch at The Great Dane. Yummy soup, fries, and their own Landmark Light beer were enjoyed by yours truly. After that I did some shopping at DSW; I had a coupon because it's my bday month. Got some sweet eggplant colored Converse. Super excited!
NERD ALERT! That night a few of my friends threw the second annual Harry Potter party to belatedly celebrate Halloween. Costumes were required and people dressed up as: Molly Weasely, Sirius Black, Barty Crouch Sr, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, Moaning Myrtle, Bellatrix LeStrange, a muggle, a squib, and I was Ginny Weasley. We have an unwritten rule that a character cannot be repeated, so it's always interesting to see who's who.

Sunday: Becky made me pancakes and then we went to Blackhawk for church. I really, really, REALLY wish I could move Bhawk to Mtown. I know there are churches around that are similar, but it so cool that when you walk in the door with hundreds of other people, you still feel like a somebody and not just a nobody. After church I made the trip home.

It was a great weekend that I really needed. I think it's interesting that in Madison which is a large city, I felt like I knew so many people and felt like a somebody and how Mtown is 10 times smaller and I feel like a complete nobody here. I'm not trying to evoke pity with that statement, but am processing.

2 comments:

  1. Anytime you want to come to church with us - please come! I know it's a drive, but we would love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will come sometime, I promise! What's been holding me back is the driving.

    ReplyDelete