Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pray for Haiti

I can't even begin to fathom the chaos that Haiti is experiencing today. NPR was full of news of the destruction and I just couldn't stop from praying for the people down there: the victims of the quake (dead and alive), those still buried, the children who have lost parents and don't understand what has happened, parents crying out for their babies, the people who have flown down there to help.

To top that all of CBN's Pat Robertson said the quake was caused by Haitians making a deal with the devil 200 years ago...BULLCRAP! Sometimes it's so hard to claim Christians that speak like that as my brothers and sisters in Christ, but I will if that's what Christ has called me to do.

I don't know if anything supernatural/spiritual caused the quake, but that's not important. The important thing to do is to help the people of that damaged nation in any way possible. The only way that I can help them this very moment is to pray and to urge you to pray, or think positive, or send good vibes their way. So please do.

UPDATE:
I just learned that my friend, Ben Larson, died in the quake. He, his wife Renee, and cousin Jon (whom I worked with at camp) were down there doing some relief work when the quake struck. Jon and Renee are unhurt, but Ben didn't make it out of the building. Along with the other people who have died down there, pray for the families they leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment