Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lack of internet access

Sorry for my mini-blog break, but my internet access has been rather limited lately. You see I'm cheap and just mooch off of one of my neighbor's unsecured internet connections and it has not been working as of late. I also started clinic this week in Milwaukee and haven't had time to just go over to school for free internet. This morning I decided to multi-task and take my laptop with me to the laundromat. So while my clothes are drying I'm sharing so thoughts with you.

This semester for clinic like I said I'm in Milwaukee. From my place it's about 74 miles one way and amounts to 1.5 to 2 hours to get there, so luckily it's only 2 days per week! I love the placement so far though. I'm at Froedtert/Medical College of Wisconsin in their cochlear implant program. I'm very excited for the placment and am learning quite a bit already. It should be a good placement and I'll blog more about it later.

February is almost upon us, which means that I'll hopefully know where I'll be doing my externship. I have an interview Monday and a phone call on Tuesday. The phone call should be bringing some good news, but I'm not counting on it too much. Other fun February events include my parents visiting me for a weekend, attending and presenting a poster at the WSHA conference for Wisconsin area speech language pathologists and audiologists, and while there staying with my good friend Miranda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment